Chocolate Chip Banana Bread3:50 PM
Makes 1 loaf
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 to 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips, to your taste
- 4 x 8 in loaf pan (Here is a USA-made option.)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees. Butter a 4 x 8 in loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to mash your bananas until they are almost smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
3. Add the baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla and mix until throughly combined. Stir in the flour. Finally, add your chocolate chips with a few final stirs.
4. Pour the batter into your buttered loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Let cool before removing from pan.
Adapted from Simply Recipes